Wednesday, July 5, 2023

The Second Half of the Year

Happy July, everyone!  Hope you all had a fun Fourth. We stayed home and watched fireworks across the San Fernando Valley in L.A.--which we’ve been hearing and seeing for a few days. We also took a walk to specifically see the fireworks at Universal Studios. We made sure the pups were safe and secure, of course. Our older dog, Cari, has limited hearing so she didn’t seem to care, but the puppy, Roxie, seemed to try to figure out what all the fortunately not-too-loud noise around here was.

So the second half of 2023 has now started. I’m still busy writing but would like to be doing more of it, and faster. But at least I’m continuing, especially with my current book for Harlequin Romantic Suspense. And I recently received copies of the the printed advanced reader’s copy for my next Alaska Untamed Mystery, CRY WOLF, and I think it looks really good! It’ll be published in November.

               Enjoy the rest of your July and the year! 

2 comments:

Patty said...

Good morning -- A pleasant start to the day here -- have the patio door open at the moment but with 112 predicted for the day, it will be closed soon.

We had a nice 4th -- very few fireworks around here -- maybe half a dozen loud booms after dark. I watched the Boston Pops celebration on tv -- always good -- at least, the music was. The fireworks seemed to be a lot of smoke and little glitter. Earlier in the day, my son and I took grandson and a friend to Cold Stone Creamery for ice cream -- oh, so good.

With the heat, I try to get necessary chores done early, then crochet with the a/c on later in the day. In addition to the blankets I always make, my daughter wants a long, narrow scarf so I do a bit on it each day. It won't be needed until cool Fall weather so no rush to get it done.

Good luck with your writing -- enjoy your day.

Linda O. Johnston said...

It's still fairly cool here, Patty, although the afternoons do warm up but nothing as hot as you're describing.

It's fun now catching up with neighbors to hear what they did for the 4th.

Have fun with your crocheting and enjoy your day too!