Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Home Again

          

            I was traveling just before the last time I posted here, although I’ve now been home for a week. I set my blog to post before I left since I wasn’t sure what my internet access and time would be. Internet access good. Time iffy since my husband and I had gone to Indiana to take care of our grandsons while our son and d-i-l were on a trip.

             All went well, or at least I think so. Our grandsons were in school some of the time, and told us what they wanted to do when they were home. It helped that our wonderful d-i-l left detailed instructions about what we needed to accomplish, including the times we needed to accomplish them. 

            And I did get a little editing done while the grandsons were in school. Not much other writing, although as usual I came up with, and worked on, new and ongoing ideas.

 I missed our dogs, though. Our younger son, who lives in the L.A. area, took care of them for us so I know they remained happy. But they’ve at least acted like they missed us too. 

Home now. I miss our grandsons. But we do see them on video calls—and we also have a trip with that whole part of the family planned in the future! 

Oh, and by the way, while I was gone I received a box of books: my first Alaska Untamed mystery BEAR WITNESS, under my pseudonym Lark O. Jensen. It’s been republished by Worldwide Mystery,  an imprint of Harlequin, and it’s in paperback form! Hopefully it’ll meet an even wider audience than the hardbacks, thanks to a lower price. It won’t be available until May or June, and I’m not sure where it’ll be available, though definitely on the Worldwide Mystery website.


3 comments:

Patty said...

Good morning -- Sounds like you've had a good week -- time with grandchildren is always good. My grandson has been in Del Mar all his spring break week, with school friends who have a condo on the beach. They have almost lived in the ocean all week -- he loves the water.

I continue to do lots of crocheting, though I did make a big dent in my stash by donating about 30 skeins of yarn to a friend who has a friend who works with young girls at some sort of club. The girls needed a project, the woman thought learning to crochet would be good for them but didn't have the money to buy yarn. I was happy to help.

Enjoy the rest of the week, your writing and your dogs.

Linda O. Johnston said...

Definitely a good week, Patty. And hope your grandson continues to have fun in the water.

It's so nice that you helped those girls get the yarn to work on crocheting too.

Enjoy the rest of your week as well.

Betty Hechtman said...

Linda, I bet you missed your dogs. Congrats on the World Wide Mystery edition!