I am at the end of going through the proof pages of DANGER LOOMS. Then I will type up a list of corrections for my editor to make and the next stop will be the release at the end of August. I have been spending too much home or out with family members and I need some fresh company. Something where I am just me.
Before the the pandemic, I had my gym and knit and crochet group that meet at JoAnn's. By the time the time everything opened up, the gym had gone out of business and the knit and crochet group didn't start up again. Then JoAnn's closed. Between that and everything being remote on Zoom, I forgot about something where we actually meet in person.
Convenient as it is to do so much without leaving the house, it doesn't offer the same mental refresh that going somewhere and being with a group is.
But now I know that I really need it. Ideally, I want a yarn group. Just like what I write about, the people would visit while they work on their projects. It would hopefully offer just the supportive company I crave.
So, the search begins. The funny thing is that when I did a search for yarn groups in Tarzana, my books came up.
7 comments:
Good morning -- Good to hear your next book will be out the end of August -- I'll preorder when it's available.
I belonged to a crochet group in my little Texas town -- we officially met in the senior center once a week but could drop in anytime and there was usually someone there to crochet and chat with -- worked well. There were other groups in the bigger town nearby -- meetings at the Barnes & Noble book store, a library, a coffee shop. Good luck finding what you are looking for.
My project for the moment is a blanket using the iris stitch and an ombre yarn -- that stitch and that yarn are made for each other.
This is monsoon season in Arizona and we had a wild storm a couple nights ago. One minute it was quiet -- the next there was pouring rain and crazy wind. Lasted about 15 minutes, then all quiet again. Had more rain last night but it was gentle, thank goodness,
A few household chores, then crocheting for me -- a perfect day!! Enjoy yours.
I found a knit and crochet group that meets at a senior center and am going to try it. The ombre yarn sounds lovely. Your weather sounds wild. We occasionally get monsoon weather here. Any rain is always welcome. Happy crocheting!
Sounds perfect -- hope it works for you.
I miss JoAnn Fabrics so much. I drive by the one in my area occasionally and it looks so sad and forlorn. I hope someone steps up with a new version of JoAnn.
I belong to a stitchery group. We kind of fade away in the summer due to snowbirds but start strong in the fall. We've made a ton of blankets for our local homeless shelter which also provides transitional housing. The participants have a big Christmas party and everyone picks a blanket to take. It is nice that they are going to a good use.
Meanwhile we are roasting our way through summer and hoping all the crazy smoke and sandstorms go away. I'm thinking of sneaking some fall decor into the house for encouragement. :)
Sally, I miss JoAnn's too. They were so nice about letting our knit and crochet group meet there with no charge. Your stitchery group sounds nice. I hope this group I'm going to try works out. I didn't realize you were getting smoke and sandstorms. It sounds awful. Bringing out some fall decor sounds like a good idea.
I hope the group you found works for you. I love the groups in your books. I wish my neighborhood had a shop with books and food and yarn. I am looking forward to your new book. My gym closed too but the one in Hollywood opened so I go there now. They don't have live Zumba classes anymore so I am still doing that on zoom.
Miriam, I hope the group works out, too. I'm glad you have a gym. It's nice to have the company of other people. Zoom has opened up a lot of possibilities like your Zumba class..
Post a Comment