Wednesday, July 1, 2026

Progress

 As you may know, I’ve been working hard on some edits on the manuscript for the second book in my new series for Harlequin Romantic Suspense, K-9 Crime Solvers. I’ve mentioned that here quite a bit. 

And yes, I’ve been making progress. I think I’ve addressed all the prior issues, hopefully in ways that now work better, although the manuscript is now even longer than when I started out with it—which was longer than it should be. 

Are even more edits needed? Not sure, but maybe— including doing some shortening. 

Meanwhile, I hopefully have posted this on time here this week—despite my mind still spinning over accomplishing those edits, or hoping to.

 And my dogs? They’re happy, as always, keeping me company as I hang out at my computer. They enjoy hanging out beside me on the floor, although Roxie sometimes jumps onto the chair beside me to communicate, or sleep.

 By the way, Happy July, everyone!

3 comments:

Sally Morrison said...

Happy July! I keep wondering how this year is passing so quickly. I'm happy for July because my grandson comes home later this month from his two year mission in Ghana. We are all so excited.
I'm also happy its July because believe it or not it is when I start Christmas Shopping. During Amazon Prime Days I usually find some good buys. Last year our Christmas tree pooped out in November and when we went to get a new one, none were to be found. I've discovered that July is when you need to start looking for a tree. Crazy!
It is super hot here but I'm staying busy with reading and needlework. And that is enough. Have a great week!

Linda O. Johnston said...

I agree that the year is passing really quickly, Sally. How fun that your grandson will be home soon. Two years is a long mission. Hopefully he'll have lots to tell you about all he did!
Shopping for Christmas this early sounds like a good idea, but I'm not quite ready. And a Christmas tree in July? A real one? Wow.
Stay as cool and as busy as you'd like. And you have a great week too!

Anonymous said...

No a fake one. Too lazy to deal with a real one.