Friday, July 24, 2026

The Crochet Cure

 It's always something.  The pixels in my computer screen were dying.  Already one corner was dark and another corner flickered on and off.  I was assured getting a new screen was an easy fix.  Except it isn't.

The whole screen is lit up now, but there is a box with a 60 in it sitting in the top left corner that covers things I need to access.  The cursor has no effect on the box. I can't work on my manuscript with the box there because it covers functions I need.

My screensaver is much nicer on the new screen, but the type ia Word document is not.  It seems fainter and harder to see. So now I'm waiting for help from my son who installed the screen.

I had already gone through dealing with signing into a Zoom meeting.  I decided to use my phone which proved to be a nightmare.  I was required to type in my address before I could sign into the meeting.  But every time I tried, the box disappeared.  I gave up and tried using a Mac laptop.  The touch pad or whatever it's called is a real pain.  I was finally able to do the address thing, but when I  clicked on submit, it offered me the definition of submit.  I finally figured out if I clicked near but not on the wrod submit, it did submit the address.

But back to the new screen for my PC desktop.  I can only type my blog entry because I don't need whatever is behind the box with the 60 in it.

As soon as I finish this, I'm going directly to what I call therapeutic crochet.  It is going to be part of the Molly book I'm working on.  It is meant as a relief from stress, so easy pattern with lots of markers to keep track of stitches.  Yarn that is easy to see the stitches.  No challenges like counting stitches or fighting with trying to attach safety eyes to an amigurumi  animal. Just row after row of soothing simple stitches.  I really need that now.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Don't you hate it when a computer does all sorts of weird things that seem impossible to fix!! Thank goodness for my son and grandson, who so far have been able to help with every problem I've had. Hope your son can help you.

Have you been to your new crochet group? Hope it works for you.

I finished the ombre yarn iris stitch blanket -- gorgeous, if I do say so myself. My next project is a cross stitch pattern using a light blue speckle yarn -- going well, so far.

It's been very hot the last few days. And a couple of days ago a very large limb fell out of the tree in my front yard. Thank goodness, it fell toward the street and not the house so no damage was done.

My daughter told me her gecko is getting ready to shed its skin again. It's getting all puffed up -- then starts pulling and clawing at the skin until it all comes off, which can take several days, then it eats the skin. Yum!!

Hope your therapeutic crochet helps -- enjoy!!