Friday, September 4, 2026

Escape

 At last the weather cooled and the ants mostly went back outside.  I still find stray ones walking one me, but the war is over.  It feels like fall and any minute all the pumpkin spice everything will start to show up.  I reluctantly set the next Molly book aside and started on the third Crochet and Crumpet book.  It takes place around Halloween and its fun to write about fall in the Midwest, particularly through the eyes of someone who has never experienced  it before.

I am rounding up all the regular characters and figuring out what they have going on.  And there is a murder to set up and solve.

Between the threats of a hurricane affecting my area, threats of El Nino causing havoc and everything else going on in the world, I think we all need a little mental escape.  Writing the books offers it to me and I hope reading them offers it to readers.  

What ever happened to a day with good news? 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Test.

Patty said...

Good morning -- Comments working this morning -- hurray!!

I read "Danger Looms" -- loved it -- passed it on to a neighbor.

I've been doing my usual crocheting -- baby blanket done, now making a ripple with a bitty stripes yarn. I may never again use a yarn other than bitty stripes or ombre -- they work well in every pattern and bonus, few yarn ends to cope with.

The weather here has cooled considerably -- hopefully there will be no more 118 days. The monsoon season ends the last day of this month -- it's been rather dry -- only a couple really pouring rains,

Enjoy your weekend, whatever you do.

Betty Hechtman said...

Patty, I'm glad the comments are posting again. I'm so glad you enjoyed the book. The yarn you are using sounds great. Not having ends to weave in is always a bonus. I'm glad you weather cooled. 118 sounds unbearable. We're supposed to get rain tomorrow because of a hurricane around Baja. Enjoy the long weekend!

Miriam Lubet said...

It is Sunday now and it is raining. I love reading your books. They are a wonderful escape but also really good stories.

Betty Hechtman said...

Miriam, What a change of weather. It rained most of the day where I am. But it is really just a one day of cool and wet. By Wednesday it's supposed to be 100. I am glad that you enjoy the stories and the escape.