Thursday, September 6, 2018

But what if...

I'm nearing the part of the book where everything that had fallen into place now needs some tweaking because a great twist popped up. Now, I have to do some adjusting to have it remain in the story. The easiest thing to do would be edit out the twist and continue on with the established plan, but I'd know the plot wasn't as strong as it could've been. So it's once again back to beginning and make sure I can layer in the details needed to make the twist work.

Right now, it looks like with some small changes, and the elimination of a now unneeded character, the story will back on track. For some reason, I always get "a great idea" when I can see the finish line of the story and I'm writing at a wrist-aching speed to get there. I don't know why it can't happen when I'm outlining or when I'm halfway through the novel, it's always when I can see The End in the not so far distance that a "wow" moment shows up in the story and I have to weave into all parts of the story so it doesn't seem to come out of nowhere.


No comments: