Thursday, January 5, 2012

So long, farewell.

John Lennon may have not been the first to say it, but life happens when we're making other plans. Some others say "We plan, God laughs."

This was to be my farewell, fun-filled post. This was to be the week I got long awaited new appliances. This was to be the week my mother moved into her new place in Colorado.

Instead I've got leaky pipes and a plan to catch. My mother's in a hospital in Colorado recovering from a broken hip.

I've been telling you about my intrepid mother's move from her long time home in NY to a lovely patio home near my brother in Colorado. Well, she almost made it. We had a wonderful Christmas together (our first in the same place in a very long time). Three days after I returned home, and one day before her furniture arrived, she tripped and broke her hip. Surgery followed and she's still bouncing back from that. Then she'll have weeks of rehab. Hopefully this is just a blip in her new life.

I owe you one. I'll be back to write that fun post, with plenty of giveaways, I promise. In the meantime, if you want to sign up for my occasional newsletter at territhayer.com, you can watch for the launch of my new website, and the beginning of a new web series, with the Sugar Plum block of the month.

It's been a joy to be here at Killer Hobbies with my wonderful blog sisters and our fab readers. I'll be at the airport and on a plane today, so I'll be a bit sporadic today.

Dang it - I just burned the oatmeal.

Auf Wiedersehen, adieu.

7 comments:

Dru said...

We'll miss you Terri. Good luck in all your endeavors and I'm looking forward to the next Dewey book.

Terri Thayer said...

Thanks, Dru. I will miss you too. Monkey Wrench drops in May so I'll be back!

Joanna Campbell Slan said...

Terri, I have a lump in my throat. I'll really miss you.

Linda O. Johnston said...

So sorry you'll be leaving us, Terri. Killer Hobbies will miss you!

Terri Thayer said...

I'll be around, blog sisters. Who's going to Left Coast Crime? See you there.

KH is a special place. So glad to have been a part of it.

Betty Hechtman said...

Terri, I'm right there with Joanna with the lump in my throat. I will miss having you as a blog sister.

Terri Thayer said...

Back at you, Betty. Hope to see you in the real world!