Thursday, July 5, 2012

Scrapped--New Title, New Cover!


Last week, I sent off the copy edits on the second book in my Cumberland Creek series. The new title is SCRAPPED. I love a good copy edit. With every copy edit, though, I learn something new. This time I struggled with past perfect tense and trying to rewrite those sentences that were clunky because of it.
The most exciting news about SCRAPPED is that I received the cover of it. I don’t know about any other writer, but for me, seeing the cover for the first time is amazing. My first look was a computer image, like the one I’m including here. Since then, I’ve also gotten the covers in the mail—and I like them even better. The color is much richer in person.

And I also love the copy on the back cover. (It's the first I've seen it!)

So while SCRAPPED is in production, I’ve been working on the third in the series, which I’m calling HYBRID. (It will probably be changed. Every one of my titles has been. But I have to call it something, right? )
I’m finished with the first draft of HYBRID. While perusing the web one day I ran across author Mary Burton’s blog post about the system she uses to deal with her drafts. It made so much sense to me that I’m trying it out with this manuscript. And I’m writing about it as I go along on my own blog. 
So this summer has been mostly a working summer for me, with little breaks here and there with my girls. We went to the local pool once, shopped a few times, go to the library weekly, and one of my girls was in a play a few weeks back.  So it's been busy. How is your summer going? Any special plans?

5 comments:

Linda O. Johnston said...

Cute cover, Mollie! My summer has been busy, too, and promises to get even busier. Lots of writing to do, for one thing. Have fun writing HYBRID or whatever it's eventually titled.

Mollie Cox Bryan said...

Thanks, Linda. Digging in deep on Hybrid and just starting to work on a romance. What the heck? Right?

Dru said...

I love the cover. Looking forward to reading this one.

Mollie Cox Bryan said...

Thanks so much, Dru!

Betty Hechtman said...

It is a cute cover, Molly. Is it summer? I haven't noticed, I've been so focused on finishing the first book in my new series, while thinking about the next in the crochet series.