Thursday, September 28, 2017

Where's the Tape Runner?

Usually getting ready for a weekend crop retreat brings me such joy. I'm always so excited to start packing because that means crop weekend is almost here (I "leave" on Friday, I have leave in quotations because this retreat is in my town and only about ten minutes away). Today I am filled with dread and finding all sorts of chores that need doing to avoid packing. The issue is I don't know where anything I need is currently being stored. I feel like I'm in a never ending game of hide and seek with the inanimate objects winning. We're in the process of rearranging rooms and I have scrapbooking items in the soon-to-become my craft area and office, in my current office, and also in what was once my scrapbooking room.



Figuring out where to start first is overwhelming. I know the easiest thing to do would be to bring everything into one area to sort through but then I'll be cluttering up one space. It would make the most sense to bring everything upstairs to my new office/craft space, but as we still have items in there from when we redid our bedroom, the room is already crowded and chaotic adding more items into it will not make the task any easier. (Putting items back into our bedroom is taking longer than we planned, I'm about ready to give us a deadline and whatever isn't back in the bedroom will be donated.)

I had planned on starting a new album at the crop but I might just finish up the last few pages of the Disney album I've been working on and then work on die cuts for our anniversary cruise album. It would be easier to do prep work for the November retreats coming up then trying to dig everything out. I know by November, we'll have the rooms in some semblance of order.

No comments: