Wednesday, January 31, 2018

One Month Down




Today is the last day of January.  A whole month has already passed this year--and it went by fast.

Its speed was magnified somewhat by the number of deadlines I had for February 1.  Fortunately, I met them.  Now, I'm spending my time plotting my next mystery, plus a couple of other ideas I have.

I wrote this before going to bed on Tuesday night, so I can't tell you yet whether I got to see the lunar phenomena to take place very early Wednesday morning: the Super Blue Blood Moon.  I set my alarm clock so I can at least give it a try.  It's a blue moon because it'll be the second full moon of January.  It'll appear larger than usual since it will be closer to Earth, which makes it a super moon, with a reddish tone, which makes it a blood moon.  Plus, there's supposed to be a complete lunar eclipse.  Not sure whether L.A.'s atmosphere will allow any of it to be seen well, if at all, but it's worth giving it a try.

Let me know what you see, if you happen to be awake when any of this is going on.

Anyway, happy last day of January, everyone.  Another fun thing?  It'll be Groundhog Day very soon.  This former Pittsburgh girl will be eager to hear if Punxsutawney Phil sees his shadow.

3 comments:

Linda O. Johnston said...

My update: I got up several times in the early morning hours. First, I saw the large Super Moon, which was, of course, a Blue Moon. Later, I saw the amazing, still-large Blood Moon. But I missed any indication of an eclipse. I may be a bit tired today, but it was worth it!

Betty Hechtman said...

Linda, I missed the eclipse too, but I did see the full moon. It was beautiful. Congrats on making your deadlines.

Linda O. Johnston said...

Thanks, Betty. I'll be eager to see the next full moon but there won't be an equivalent of what was there the other night for a long, long time.