Friday, March 2, 2018

A Cup to Start Your Day

My two sleuths both love coffee and so do I. For the past year or so I have been settling for a coffee pot that makes single cups, but the coffee it makes it often a brown liquid without much taste. It’s supposed to work with coffee and a filter or K-cups. The K-cups made a more flavorful cup of coffee, but there was a problem with them. It worked fine for one cup, but when I tried using a K-cup again, the machine wouldn’t work. It became kind of a game. If I made coffee with the K-cup, I knew not to try using one again until I had made numerous cups using my own coffee and a filter.

Before that I had a coffee pot that seemed to have the attributes I’d been looking for which was basically it worked with a cone shaped filter. The problem was the coffee it made tasted awful. The only positive was that the coffee maker was very cheap.

When I bought that one, I’d really been looking for a Braun brand pot. I have one in Chicago that has to be almost 30 years old and still works fine. It doesn’t do anything but make coffee. There is no clock or timer or coffee grinder. It is a compact design and makes great coffee. And they don’t make it anymore. In fact when I looked a while back, I couldn’t find any Braun coffee makers except for a used one on Ebay.

So imagine my surprise when I walked into the Tuesday Morning store last week and saw a display of Braun coffee makers. True they weren’t the same design of the one I have in Chicago. They were slightly bigger and have things like a clock, timer and a control for making only a few cups.  I grabbed one noting that the price was great, too.

The Tuesday Morning store is like a treasure hunt. You never know what you'll find and whatever it is usually has a great price.  It's where I found my Himalayan pink salt night light, and a lot of fun yarn.

I took the coffee maker home and made my first pot wondering if I’d be disappointed. But the coffee was perfect. The principal is the same as the coffee maker that made the bad coffee, but somehow the Braun works differently. The best I can tell is that the hot water comes in spirts instead of just flowing through the filter. The flavor is smooth.



I’m pretty easy to please. Give me a good cup of coffee in the morning and I’m happy.

1 comment:

Linda O. Johnston said...

Congrats on finding a coffee maker that you like! As a coffee addict, I can appreciate that.