Thursday, April 12, 2018

Some Days the Words Won't Come

It seems I've spent of the day sitting at my desk and staring at the computer trying to figure out what to write for the blog post and also for my next work in progress: Book 2 in the Twas the Murder Before Christmas series. I just can't seem to think of what I want or need to say. I usually can do one or the other, blog or story write, but today the words are stuck in a place in my head I can't quite reach.

I don't know if it's because I have no title for the book (titles usually reflect the theme or an element of the story I'm working on) which means while I know the key elements the driving force for the story still hasn't shown itself, and the fact I switched which book I was writing because of deadline dates.

As for blogging, it's hard to know what I want to share when I know I need to get going on a book. I can't focus on what I want to talk about as my mind keeps flipping to what else I should be doing. Deadlines can be helpful but other times throw a wrench into what were well laid plans. Back to the work in progress and trying to figure out what is at the heart of the mystery my heroine needs to solve.


1 comment:

Linda O. Johnston said...

I'm sure something will come to you. Maybe try not thinking about it so your subconscious can play a trick on you and figure it out.