Thursday, October 25, 2018

It's Almost My Favorite Reading Time of the Year

The holiday season is just around the corner. And for me, that means one of my favorite reading times of the year is approaching. Actually, it's one of my favorite times of the year period. I love the snap of cold in the air (don't love snow though), the decorations, baking, crafting, and especially Christmas books and movies. There is just something about Christmas themed entertainment that cheers me up and boosts my spirit. And the last few years, I've found myself diving into my holiday reading earlier than the previous year.

From November 1 until January 1, I only read novels (and pretty much watch Christmas movies exclusively) set during the holiday season or have a seasonal theme. The only time I review books on my blog (The Self-Rescue Princess) is when I'm in my seasonal reading phase. The reviews focus on the holiday spirit in the stories. Last year, I also started reviewing a Christmas movie (usually a Hallmark movie). 

Usually, I have a good list of books I plan on reading but find my list is really pitiful this year. I've been swamped with writing projects (editing, writing new books, and now rereleasing a series) that I haven't spent as much time browsing for new holiday reads. If anyone has any suggestions for my to read list, please share them in the comment section. (Authors feel free to mention your own book.)

2 comments:

Linda O. Johnston said...

Be sure to watch the Hallmark Movie Northern Lights of Christmas. It's based on a book by Teri Wilson, a writer friend whose stuff I enjoy because it often includes Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. We're both Cavalier lovers!

Christina Freeburn said...

I sure will! Hallmark Christmas movies are my absolute favorite.