Wednesday, November 14, 2018

I'm Home



Although I posted here at Killer Hobbies during the last two weeks, I was actually traveling, from visiting my grandkids for Halloween, to passing through my old hometown of Pittsburgh, to attending the Baron Mutual Funds shareholders' meeting in NYC, which we often do.   All were fun. 

As usual at the shareholders' meeting, I attend because of the fun entertainment there.  This year, it was all about comedians.  The main entertainer was Billy Crystal, and I really enjoyed his program.  At lunchtime, there are generally three entertainers, and attendees can pick a theme and then see who's there.  This year the categories included Comedy Legend, who was Mel Brooks; Male Comedians, who included some Saturday Night Live male comedians: Seth Meyers, Michael Che, Keenan Thompson and Darrell Hammond; and Female Comedians, which was the one we saw--and it was great!  It included an interview of some female SNL comediennes who answered questions about SNL and their respective careers, and of course they managed to be funny as interviewees: Kate McKinnon, Amy Poehler and Tina Fey.
 
So now I'm home and letting people know about my latest and last Harlequin Nocturne Visionary Wolf.  And preparing for Thanksgiving and the rest of the holiday season.

Fortunately for me, but not for a lot of other people in the LA area, we're not close to the horrible fires, although I do see smoke on the horizon sometimes.   Stay safe, everyone! 

4 comments:

Miss Merry said...

What a fun session to attend! I bet you really had a great time.

Linda O. Johnston said...

I definitely had a great time, Miss Merry!

Betty Hechtman said...

What an array of talent. And a trip to NYC, too. It sounds like a great trip.

Linda O. Johnston said...

It was definitely a great trip, Betty. But it's good to be home--and avoiding the snowstorms in some of the places I visited.