Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Rain


Yes, it has been raining on and off in L.A over the past week or so.  We certainly need it, so I'm not complaining.  My dogs are, though.  They like to go into the backyard to play and more, but with the wetness and mud back there I've been letting them outside mostly in the covered dog run off to the side of the house.  It's not as interesting for them.  Plus, on rainy days our neighbor who brings treats to my pups on her daily walk sometimes doesn't come, so they're not happy about that, either.

I'm also staying home a bit more, which is fine for my writing but maybe not so much for the rest of me.  The usual exercise outing I go for on Tuesdays was called off because it's mostly in a park.  But the other locations I attend have remained open.

Also, I attended the Los Angeles Romance Authors meeting on Sunday since it's fairly close to me, but I decided not to go to the Orange County Chapter of Romance Writers of America on Saturday since it's in Orange County (of course), in Brea, and that's more of a distance for me.  The weather seemed iffy when I made the decision, although I don't think it rained that day.

Okay, I realize that some of you reading this could be miffed that I dare to complain even a little about rain since you're having a winter full of snow and ice.  I get it--and I feel for you! 

Lots of other writing events coming up in February, it appears.  Plus, I'm writing quite a bit.  This year's off to a good, though wet, start. 

No comments: