Thursday, January 17, 2019

Card Hoarding

I love all different types of crafts especially those in the paper crafting arena and using electronic die cutters. There is an ebb and flow to how often and which of the crafts I focus on most: scrapbooking, vinyl creations, die cuts, or card making. Card making has taken a back seat for many years because of one issue I have--hoarding the cards.

I love making cards. I find the process relaxing and enjoy trying new techniques on cards that I'm rather hesitant to use on scrapbooking pages because I'm scared of ruining my photos. I haven't been making cards as much because I have such a hard time letting them go. They are made and then stored in a box waiting for--I really don't know.

I'm not sure if my hesitation is from enjoying my creation so much I don't want it gone or that I'm worried it will just end up in someone's trash. Not that I'd expect a person to keep a handmade card forever, I'd just like to know they'd hold onto it for a little bit.

Maybe next year, I should make one of my goals (along with crafting once a week and going to the theater once a month whether to see a movie or play) to send out one card a month. Here are some cards I've been hanging onto for about six months. I feel bad holding onto them but I'm reluctant to send them out. I can't believe how a simple thing has me so conflicted. What to do?

3 comments:

Janie Simmons said...

They are all beautiful !

Christina Freeburn said...

Thank you, Janie! =)

Jennifer Tenney said...

I know what you mean....you want the receiver to appreciate the time and creativity you put into each card.