Friday, July 19, 2019

A Good Kind of Trouble

It's been quite a week.  On Monday I signed a contract with a new publisher for two books in a new series.  Even thought Veronica Blackstone does crochet to relax, but the focus is on her work as a writer for hire.  She  writes everything, but her main business is writing love letters for others.  She also hosts a writers group.  And of course she is a sleuth.  She lives in my Chicago neighborhood, but the books take place all over the city.

I have given myself two weeks to finish the rewrite to MIXED KNOTS and let's just say I'm a little behind schedule. Also trying to finish a proposal for a series idea I really love.

But then today, I got a call from my agent and my publisher wants another Crochet Mystery.  I've been getting a lot of emails asking me if there were going to be more books.  And now I can say there will be for sure.

I'm not even thinking how I'm going to do this all.  It is a good kind of trouble. 

2 comments:

Linda Osborn said...

Well, this is a bad kind of trouble to have ! Keeping up with 3 series--oh my ! Maybe you can really hit it this summer while not going to Disneyland so much--terribly crowded and expensive now anyway . Your loyal fans will be following whatever you write.

Linda O. Johnston said...

Busy! But that definitely sounds like a good thing under these circumstances.