Wednesday, July 17, 2019

In Between


I apologize again for not posting on time last week.   Although I blamed it on my dogs, at least somewhat, it was my own fault.  I was still trying to catch up after my Alaska trip, plus writing somewhat quickly since I have other plans coming up, too.


What plans?  Well, next week at this time I'll be in New York City at the Romance Writers of America National Conference.


I'll try to add another post here before I leave, but if I don't, I apologize in advance.  Right now, I'm still working on finishing a first draft of the next Harlequin Romantic Suspense book I'm under contract for--a rough first draft that will require lots of editing, but I'm more likely to get some editing done while on this next trip than actual drafting.


And that other mystery idea I mentioned a couple of weeks ago keeps scratching at my mind.  I'm doing a bit of research for it, though not much yet.  I still don't know if it's going anywhere, but kind of like my dogs it keeps reminding me it's there and wants attention!  Like right now.  The dogs, I mean.  They're sitting beside my desk chair staring, and Mystie is even talking to me.  Oh, yes.  As I write this, it's nearly their dinner time!


Anyway, I've got lots of plans at the RWA conference, so hopefully I'll have some interesting things to report in two weeks, whether or not I pop in here next week. 


2 comments:

Betty Hechtman said...

have a great time at RWA. I went to a number of them and they are great conferences.

Linda O. Johnston said...

Thanks, Betty. As you'll see from my July 31 post, I did have a great time!