Wednesday, July 31, 2019

After RWA


Okay, I kind of warned you that I might not post my blog here last week.  That was because I was at the Romance Writers of America National Conference in New York City and hadn't taken the time to blog.


That was partially because it was a busy conference.  I didn't attend as many workshops as I often do at such conferences, but I did get invited to quite a few discussions, parties and other events and get-togethers with Harlequin.  That's a good thing, especially because it's always great to see editors and other authors--and attend the annual Harlequin party that always starts off with a bunch of women, me included, dancing to "It's Raining Men!"


I also attended the Golden Heart and RITA Awards ceremonies, celebrating the winners of both contests.  This was the last Golden Heart contest for the unpublished, but the RITAs will continue.


One thing I had fun doing was skipping out from the conference for a while and walking to the AKC Dog Museum.  It wasn't too far away, but the humidity made the walk a bit uncomfortable so I took a taxi back.  It was a fun thing to see, filled with lots of artwork and dog representations, although there weren't too many pictures of Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, and those I saw weren't versions of the Old Masters from the time of King Charles II of England where courtiers held spaniel ancestors of Cavaliers to keep fleas off them.


I didn't like the hotel we stayed in because of its terrible elevator non-system, where there were times that they simply didn't come.  I did get rides now and then on the service elevators, though.


I'm home now.  Will I go again next year?  Probably, since it'll be in San Francisco.


No comments: