Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Anything New?



I attempted to think of something new and exciting to post here today, something different and good in my life.  But what did I come up with?  Not much.

I guess the most different thing is that, because we've been having some hot days in LA and our younger dog's groomer has reopened, we took her in for a haircut.  Cari is a tricolor Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, and her black fur, most prevalent, is very thick when it's not trimmed.  That makes her pant a lot in hot weather and even otherwise.  We told the groomer to cut her hair quite short this time to keep her as comfortable as possible.  He did a good job, but because of tangles and consistency he also cut the hair on her ears and top of her head quite short.  Where's our Cari?! She looks so different. But she's still our cuddly Cavalier baby, and hopefully she feels better.

I've also been working on learning to use a new computer with updated programs. I'm making progress, but I remain untechie so it's a slow process.

Otherwise--well, I'm still having to pay attention to which day is which, since they tend to blend into one another. I'm trying to stay safe both on the pandemic and protestors front. I actually saw a small protest the other day, a few people with signs and cheers in Studio City. That's new, I think, although I hadn't been there for a while. It was nice and peaceful, and I honked in support. I haven't visited other areas with larger conglomerations of people.

Hope you're all staying safe, no matter what you're up to--and doing something new and different if that makes sense to you.

3 comments:

Betty Hechtman said...

There is just so much to deal with between protests and the virus. Who even knows what normal is anymore.

Linda O. Johnston said...

I agree, Betty. I wonder when in the future we'll be able to look back on this with interest--and what that future will be like.

Zoey said...

Hello maate great blog post