Wednesday, June 3, 2020

What's Next?




Hey, I'm posting this on time today. I did have to think about the day of the week yesterday, when I started writing my post, but I figured it out.


Yet my mind isn't always focusing on days or even the time at the moment. It's much more likely to be asking when life will get at all back to normal--and what that normal will be.

The virus pandemic hasn't gone away.

And now we're enduring terrible riots in a lot of cities, including various locations in the Los Angeles area, where I live.

I sympathize with the protesters who are out there marching peacefully against racial inequality. The death that started it all shouldn't have happened.  But now looters are using the protests as an excuse to get out there, break into stores, and steal a lot.  And injure others. A lot of businesses in areas near me that haven't experienced the riots are all boarded up, just in case.

And me?  I'm still writing, though it's slowed down thanks to my altered state of mind.  Even so, other than inability to see family except for my wonderful husband and dogs, and differences in my methods of exercise and shopping, things in my life haven't changed a lot.

But I do keep wondering, after so many awful things happening at the same time... what's next?


No comments: