Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Back to What's Now Normal


            Yep, after my family trip and their subsequent visit to this area, I'm now back to what has now become my normal routine.  Waking up.  Getting ready for the day.  Visiting a park twice a week to take part in an exercise routine while social distancing and wearing a mask.  Walking the dogs.  Eating regular meals.

            And writing, of course.  I'm still editing.  I'm still working on the plot of the new idea I came up with on the trip.

            What else?  Obeying my dogs.  That goes without saying, for both my husband and me.

            Oh, yes.  Sometimes, if I need something like food, I'll go to a store after writing my list and planning my visit, also wearing a mask and social distancing.

            This is my current normal.  Will it change back to what it was before?  I hope so, or at least most of it.

            But I'll learn that someday in the future.

            How about you?  What's your current normal?

4 comments:

Sally Morrison said...

I'm in the 'anything goes' stage. Struggling to stay with a normal routine. Wondering when this will end and what life will look like a few months from now. Thank you for your books and blog. Reading is a wonderful treat these days.

Linda O. Johnston said...

I guess we all need to deal with the 'anything goes' stage. I'm pondering a new book or series that'll take place sometime in the future and don't know whether to mention what's going on now or not--or what things will be like then. So glad you enjoy reading!

Betty Hechtman said...

I've mostly gotten use to how things are. Though still I'm sometimes amazed at seeing all the people in masks.

I'm used to waiting in line to go into Trader Joe's, though there are no longer lines at Costco or Gelson's. We've found some pleasant places to eat outside.

Life goes on.

Linda O. Johnston said...

The small changes like getting into stores somewhat faster at times feel good these days! And you're right. Life goes on.