Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Masks And More

 

I've been thinking about masks a lot lately.  Wonder why? And not just because Halloween wasn't long ago. 

I was glad when Betty mentioned that she has a good supply of masks in her response to my comment to her post last week.  I'll be delighted if she stays safe. I have a good supply, too. 

And I'm really glad I don't need to wear them at home, while I'm writing or otherwise. 

I'm very diligent about wearing them when I'm out of my house, even when we walk the dogs. The dogs don't seem to notice, and I doubt we get close enough to neighbors to pick up a virus or to pass one along. And I of course never want to be in a position that the possibility of passing one along exists. Which is one good reason to wear masks. That, plus social distancing. 

But though I wear masks, I have to be careful about which ones I wear where. I have some strange allergies that affect my everyday breathing, and wearing a mask often makes it worse. 

The mask I like best has a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel muzzle on it, so I can appear a bit like my pups. I have another one that looks like I have a doggy tongue, sort of. I've got flowers. I have a plain black one and light blue ones. 

I still rather wonder what the stories we write will be like in the future--mentioning the pandemic or not.  I saw an episode of a TV show that just started a new season, and many characters in it wore masks--but the episode of another show just starting a new season, too, right before that one, ignored the pandemic. 

Okay, it's time to hug my dogs and start writing a new chapter of a story I'm working on. And not worry, for now, about wearing a mask. 

And BTW, I'm delighted to hear there will be more dogs in the White House!


5 comments:

Terri said...

I saw a show last night that not only wrote in the masks, they wrote in about the civil unrest we've seen over the last several months. Brought me to tears at the end!

Betty Hechtman said...

I flew to North Carolina yesterday. Interesting to note how things have changed in the month since I flew here last, regarding masks. There is no beverage service so the flight attendants have no reason to go up and down the aisle. A month ago, they seemed to make a few passes through the plane but that was all. This time i seemed like they were endlessly walking up and down the aisle, seemingly to collect trash. I think there real motivation was to make sure everyone kept their mask on.

I notice that as the weather gets cooler it's easier to wear a mask.

Linda O. Johnston said...

Wow, Terri. It's hard to deal with reality like that--even in a fictional show!

Linda O. Johnston said...

I haven't been on a plane in months, Betty, so I appreciate your description of what it's like. Seems odd that the flight attendants are so active now, although if they're watching for masks that could be a good thing. I did go out to my distanced and masked exercise class this morning while it was chilly--and I still didn't breathe well in my mask--but of course I kept it on.

Ryan Axel said...

This website and I conceive this internet site is really informative! Keep on putting up!
Get Her Crazy in Bed