Friday, December 3, 2021

Almost to the Finish Line

 As everyone else is thinking about the holidays, all I'm thinking about is finishing MAKING IT WRITE.  It seems like every year at this time I am rushing to finish a manuscript.

Disneyland finally got back something sort of like the annual passes, only they are more expensive and you have to make an advance reservation, which seem to run out quickly.  My son handles the reservations and got us two within a couple weeks of each other.  He went on rides, I sat  editing my manuscript.  I bring a hard copy and write notes.

I'm going to Chicago to get away from all the interruptions so that I can totally focus on finishing.  I could do was with some time alone, too.  

When I was there last, it was fall and the time hadn't changed.  The weather predictions still sound mild, with rain instead of snow, but by 3:30 the light is already fading. 

Last year at this time, I thought we would long be done with masks by now.  But here we are.  They don't even look strange to me anymore as they used to.  I haven't included mask wearing in any of the books I've worked on this year.  Now, I'm beginning to wonder.  Will they ever go away?

 


8 comments:

Miss Merry said...

I wonder if I will ever be comfortable without a mask.

Betty Hechtman said...

Miss Merry, I wonder that too. Particularly flying. It has become such a habit to carry a pack of masks in my purse.

Linda D Osborn said...

l understand Disneyland is considering working on the trams. They are badly damaged by rats, and will cost about $100,000 each to repair. Then they have to hire drivers...ha,ha.

Betty Hechtman said...

Linda Osborn, I read that the trams are supposed to come back early next year. Definitely better than walk on the tram pathway at the end of the night to the parking lot. I've heard it referred to as the death march.

But the place is crowded anyway.

chkntza said...

I've started considering my mask as part of my face.

Betty Hechtman said...

Chkntza, I see your point. And I have extra masks everywhere.

Sally Morrison said...

Disney World here in Orlando has become so expensive even with a resident discount. We are holding off for this year. I have to keep my book budget big enough to buy all my favorite authors new offerings. Looking forward to your next book.

guestpost said...

As you know guestpostblog is a fastest News Technology Resource for guest bloggers. Here you can write any of the topics which are related to be write for us Business, eduaction, Social Media, Blogging, mobiles and Digital Marketing. If you write quality research content and make your title more interesting and specific will get the better result from and get huge website traffic from your guest blogging. Write for us on Digital Marketing