Wednesday, December 15, 2021

And Yet Another Day of Little Writing

 

 

            Last week I wrote about a bunch of things I had to do that interrupted my writing for a day.  I’ve been busy writing ever since, which was a good thing.           

            But then, yesterday, I had another day of little writing. 

            I was really happy that very dry Los Angeles, where I live, actually had a day with some significant rain. 

            I was really unhappy that my house’s power went out for a significant time. 

            My husband and I were awakened by a bleep around 5:30 in the morning that turned out to be the harbinger of the lack of power. Fortunately, we have a flashlight beside the bed that you just have to crank to turn it on so we don’t have to worry about batteries in it. We have a good view of the San Fernando Valley and looked out the window. A lot of areas had lights. But there weren’t any on near us. 

            We returned to bed and slept in more than we usually do. When we finally got up, the power was still out so we called the Department of Water and Power. Yes, they were aware of the problem and people had been sent to fix it. But they said it would be hours before they were likely to succeed. Which was true. 

            And so, after feeding our dog her breakfast, we drove off to one of the areas that had power to get ours. Afterward, we went shopping for a while. And eventually, when my husband checked the doggy camera we use to peek in on Cari, it showed the power had finally come back on. Yay! 

            When we got home, I sat down at the computer and started working on some of the things I’d intended to do in the morning. 

            Good thing I don’t follow an exact schedule, or I would be at least half a day behind!

2 comments:

Betty Hechtman said...

Glad your power wasn't off for too long. Good you went out instead of staying home. What could be more dismal than sitting in a cold house on a dreary rainy day.

Linda O. Johnston said...

I agree, Betty. And from what I'm hearing, we're going to get more rain later this week. Hope it doesn't affect the power.