Friday, May 6, 2022

Busy

 After practically two weeks of having painter working on the exterior of our house, they are finished.  Except for the spots we noticed today where they forgot to do stuff which they have to come back and do.  But this morning no one was working outside the window of the room I work in.  That doesn't mean that it was quiet.  We had this thing called a split put into one of the bedrooms because the ac and heat somehow never got in that room and it was either stifling or freezing.  So this morning I had somebody working inside the house.

The yard is chaotic from all the stuff that got moved around and all the gates were open.  We discovered that the back door was open too and we couldn't find the two cats.  They were really faking us out and turned out to be inside all the time.  It's going to take awhile to put everything back where it was.

I also have been helping my son with his business this week.  All my yoga and Tai chi fell by the wayside with all that's going on.  Did I really want to be on display to someone working outside the window as I did a warrior pose?

My grandson has been almost a daily visitor.  If only he knew how I melt for him. But then it's  probably better that he doesn't.  I love watching him be him.  He never seemed to mind that there were people working outside the window as we watched "his shows" together.

Still I kept up with working on SENTENCED TO DEATH every morning and am just at the big climax.  Then it will be writing so I can turn it in at the end of the month.  

Up for a peaceful fast meal, my son, my grandson and I went out to a  Mexican place nearby.  We were shocked to see the line out the door and then realized it was May 5th and everybody wanted Mexican food.   I did my best not to eat my tostada salad in time to the fast beat of the loud music as Jakey danced in his seat on the other side of the table.

Sunday is mother's day and my son has planned for a busy day.  Really all I want is to take one of the chairs that is scattered in the yard, sit there drinking my coffee and just"be" for awhile.

But first I have to survive a family trip to Disneyland tomorrow.

4 comments:

Linda Osborn said...

I know you really enjoy all the madness, like l do !! Especially Jakey's part. it will be fun to take him to Disneyland too. These days pass all too quickly. Will he start school next year? That changes everything. Keep up the great writing--6 more books. Wow !

Betty Hechtman said...

Linda, taking Jakey to Disneyland was a lot of fun, particularly watching him watch the fireworks. He was so delighted, it was far more entertaining than watching the fireworks themselves. He does start kindergarten in the fall. He has been going to pre school for about a month and carries a backpack that is as big as he is. Lucky you to have so many grandchildren to love.

Betty Hechtman said...

Chkntza, thank you. I hope you had a good one too.

Linda O. Johnston said...

You certainly do sound busy, Betty! Glad you're also keeping up with your writing. But family stuff is always a good thing. And house stuff is a necessity.