Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Gone To The Dogs



             Yes, my life has gone to the dogs. And I’m glad.

             First, our puppy Roxie graduated from her first puppy class and even got a diploma! I posted the picture on my Facebook page. Did she learn a lot? Well, quite a bit, but she’s far from well trained. We’re still working on that.

             And the next day her older “sister” Cari had to go get some dental work done. She was sedated and got medications, so she was a bit spaced out when we picked her up, and she’s still on meds. But she’s getting back to normal, and she’s still getting a lot of attention too—especially since she wants more treats since she wasn’t allowed to eat for several hours, starting the night before.    

            While all that’s been going on, I’m working on editing the full manuscript of my next Alaska Untamed Mystery. I intend to finish it soon, then let it sit for a little while before submitting it so I can take a final look. The working title has been REALLY CRY WOLF, a take-off on “never cry wolf” since there actually are wolves in the story. I rather like the title but recognize it’s likely to be changed before the book is published.

             And I’m starting to work on the next book on my agenda, another in the vast Colton series for Harlequin Romantic Suspense. 

            Yep, I’m managing to stay busy. 

            But of course the dogs come first.

           


2 comments:

chkntza said...

I'm glad to hear both dogs are doing well.

Linda O. Johnston said...

Thanks, chkntza!