Friday, July 15, 2022

Going Zoom

 

 If things had gone has planned, I would be writing this from Chicago.  But they didn't and I am still in L.A. with my trip cancelled.

The reason for my trip was the Hyde Park Historical Book club meeting this coming Monday.  Early in the week, I saw that a mask requirement had been added to the flyer.  It made me wonder if they shouldn't reconsider the whole event if there was an issue with growing covid cases.  I emailed the organizers to ask if they'd like to make it a Zoom event just as they were discussing it.  And just like that it meant I could do it from here.  

 I had looked forward to being there in person, but what with the cost of plane tickets and all the problems with travel this summer not going sounded very appealing.  And whatever I have to take care of in Chicago can wait.

The good news is that now the book club meeting is available to more people.  Its Monday, July 18, at 7:30 Chicago time and I'm adding the link to the Hyde Park Historical Society site with sign up information.

https://www.hydeparkhistory.org 

 Meanwhile I am working on the next Yarn Retreat book and hoping to get a head start on creating the project for the book.  Because there are more men than usual at this retreat, I wanted something unisex.  Also something easy.  It's kind of funny why.  I forget that the characters are well, characters and they don't really have to learn how to knit and make something.  

 My own yarn work has kind of slipped to the sidelines and I'm glad to have a reason to work on something.  Wow, I forgot to put in the project I came up with.  Handwarmers also called fingerless gloves.  And there is that purple teddy bear I want to make.

4 comments:

chkntza said...

I'm sorry your trip didn't work out but I am thrilled that I can attend the event on zoom. I am looking forward to it. Author talks on zoom have got me through the pandemic. I have also been introduced to some new authors. I just finished reading Seams Like Murder. I enjoyed it very much. I love the characters and the setting and the story. I'm still catching up on your books.

Betty Hechtman said...

Chkntza, cool that you are attending the Zoom event. After I told you that I wasn't going to watch Bosch because it was too dark, I went back to watching it and am totally hooked. I'm almost at the end of the fifth season. It is dark, but what a show!

chkntza said...

I am glad you reconsidered watching Bosch and I'm glad you are enjoying it even though it is so dark. I think it is a very well done show. I'm on season 3.

Linda O. Johnston said...

Sorry you didn't make it to Chicago, but sounds as if was a good decision not to go. Things are difficult these days!