Wednesday, October 5, 2022

An Important Distraction

  

Happy October, everyone,   

I’ve been busy going to some of the meetings I’ve been talking about here, and I’ve been writing. Nothing too new is going on.

 The writing is a bit of a challenge, though. It’s often slower than it used to be, and part of that is because of my puppy! Roxie just turned eight months old, and she loves to play. That includes while I’m trying to work at my computer.

 I’ve changed which computer I use since my older one is in a room that’s pretty cluttered, and I don’t want Miss Mischief Roxie getting into things there, but I don’t want to keep her confined much while I’m at home. I can let her run loose around me near my newer computer, and I do. 

That means she brings a squeaky toy or ball to me often, in long spells, for me to throw for her to play fetch. She’ll bring it back and push it against my leg, squeaking it in her mouth till I tell her to drop it so I can pick it up and throw it again. 

Yes, it’s a bit hard to concentrate on writing that way. But she’s so cute and so sweet… I can’t resist. 

Hey, she’s sleeping somewhere right now. I’d better get back to writing while I can!

2 comments:

Betty Hechtman said...

I know what it's like trying to write with company. One of our cats is always in the room with me. She jumps in my lap and puts her head on my shoulder. But whatever the interruptions, their company is the best.

Linda O. Johnston said...

Definitely, Betty!