Wednesday, December 14, 2022

December's Half Gone

 

 …And yes, I’m still busy attending real and virtual holiday events, even though some of those I mentioned before have occurred. But some of those yet to come involve family, including some we don’t see often, so that’ll be fun.

Meanwhile, I did finish the first draft of next year’s Coltons book. Right now, I’m busy with the edits, which may wind up being extensive. Oh, well. My system is to print the first draft, then make notes on the pages before entering them onto the computer. And over the past few days while I make those notes, our puppy Roxie has been snuggling with me. Yes, that little bundle of energy! Plus, Cari sits on the sofa near us. It’s a fun family event. But I’ll be entering those edits onto the computer now. They can keep me company but won’t be quite as close, unless one of them is calm enough to sleep in my lap while I’m working.

            As always, I’m interested in hearing what’s going on with those of you who read Killer Hobbies and the fun you’re anticipating for what’s left of the year.

2 comments:

Patty said...

Hi Linda - The holiday season is indeed busy, but in such a good way. I had family here for dinner on Sunday -- yesterday, my son told me my grandson said "I wish Grandma would fix chicken more often." He loves it!!

I just finished reading "Oodles of Poodles," the first one of your books I've read. I've had toy poodles over the years -- in my opinion, best little dogs ever!! Our little Janny lived to be 16 -- she loved to ride in the basket of my bicycle, her ears blowing in the breeze.

I'm a crocheter so read Betty's crochet mystery books --my grandma taught me when I was 8 years old and I'm almost 86 now so have been doing it for many years. I made several hooded scarves as Christmas gifts -- most of my projects are baby blankets to donate to Project Linus.

Enjoy the holidays and I look forward to reading more of your dog books.

Linda O. Johnston said...

Sounds like a fun dinner with your family, Patty, and I suspect you might fix your chicken more often!

Delighted that you read OODLES OF POODLES and hoped you enjoyed it. Your poodle babies sound wonderful.

I'm also glad you enjoy Betty's crochet mysteries. And I hope you enjoy more of my dog books--and that you also have a wonderful holiday season!