Wednesday, February 8, 2023

February Continues...

 

… And so do edits.  Right now, I’m editing my upcoming Alaska Untamed Mystery for Crooked Lane, CRY WOLF, under my pseudonym Lark O. Jensen. It’ll be out in September. 

I’m also working on the manuscript for CSI COLTON AND THE WITNESS, which will be due next, along with some publishing details such as putting together the Dear Reader letter and dedication. It’s my next Harlequin Romantic Suspense story due this year, and it will be published in November. Yes, they’ve modified the title. 

Plus, I’m still plotting my fourth story in my Shelter of Secrets series for Harlequin Romantic Suspense. Will start writing it soon.

 Otherwise, not too much is going on. Our pup Roxie’s first birthday came and went—not that she knows she’s anything but a puppy now.  She’s still full of energy and mischief. But she settles down at night and sleeps often in the same doggy bed snuggled up with our older pup Cari. 

Enjoying birds, often small ones, flying in the wind outside our back windows. But no more rain.

4 comments:

Patty said...

Good morning - I woke up early this morning -- way too early!!

Working on several books with different characters and plots, do you ever get confused about who goes where and what happens when?

My son and I are going to see "Knock at the Cabin" today -- it's gotten very mixed reviews. We shall see. I want to see "80 for Brady" -- he's not too keen on that but will take me -- he's a good kid. Not really a kid -- just started getting social security!! Yikes!!

I'm not a big fans of birds, mainly because I live in a condo with a very small patio and they make an awful mess out there. There is a big tree which is great for shade from the Phoenix sun, but the birds perch in it and do what birds do -- yuck.

Enjoy your day --

Patty

Linda O. Johnston said...

Good morning, Patty.
I do have to be careful about making sure I keep my characters in each book, and series, consistent. That sometimes takes additional editing time!

Not sure I want to see "Knock at the Cabin," but I definitely want to see "80 For Brady."

And I love birds! There's a hawk that hangs out on a tree not far from our house who's visible a lot from our back window. I enjoy seeing, and hearing the sounds of, a murder of crows. And there's a flock of parrots who visit an area where I exercise in a park. And... more, even pigeons! Fortunately, I'm rarely affected by what birds do.

Hope you enjoy your day too.

Patty said...

Just home from the movie -- it was the worst ever!! Glad we went to the cheap matinee!! No horror, no suspense -- the premise was totally outlandish. Several people were killed but other than seeing some blood splatter, there was nothing gory. Previews for coming movies were all similar type movies -- sort of combinations of "'The Exorcist" and "The Omen." There's one about a bear that eats a lot of cocaine that has been dumped in the woods -- it gives him lots of pep and he runs really fast and gobbles up people!! I told my son I definitely want to see "80 for Brady,"

Linda O. Johnston said...

Thanks for letting me know about the movie.