Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Happy March!

  

Yes, another month of 2023 has begun. So has my plotting of my next Shelter of Secrets story for Harlequin Romantic Suspense—the fourth.  I’d been kind of planning it before but now I’m seriously working on plotting it. First version I came up with didn’t work well for me, but I’ve modified it and it now seems to be progressing fine. 

I’d mentioned the weather here in L.A. in my last blog. The rain is slowing down now and will most likely stop soon. But we had the most magnificent view of snow-covered mountains along the perimeter of the San Fernando Valley a few days ago—more so than I think we’ve ever seen before. 

And its still raining on and off, although that will stop soon. I’m perturbed that we received an Amazon delivery they failed to tell us about till 3 days later, and the box sat at the side of our house in the rain. Fortunately, what we ordered survived. 

I did a Writerspace Chat the other day letting people know about my latest release, UNDERCOVER COWBOY DEFENDER, that just came out—the third in my Shelter of Secrets series. Enjoyable to see the commenters there. 

And while all this is going on I’m working with Roxie, our pup who just turned one. When I started to add in just a little adult food to her diet, it affected her tummy and we’re still dealing with some issues with it. Fortunately, she has no idea there are any problems. 

Enjoy March, everyone!

4 comments:

Patty said...

Good morning -- Seems this year is flying by. March is starting here with a day of no water -- there's a leak somewhere in the condo complex and all water is off until it is found and repaired -- hopefully within a few hours!!

My son had a box from a shoe company delivered by UPS that was just tossed over the fence and landed behind shrubs where it wasn't visible. He told the company he'd never received it, they replaced the shoes. Several months later, he found the original box and notified them. They said to keep the shoes and even sent him a $50 gift certificate to reward him for his honesty!! My condo has a carport entrance and also a patio entrance which opens to the inner courtyard. I never know where packages will be delivered so if I'm expecting something, I stick a note by the carport door, which I can't see without going out, asking delivery person to ring the doorbell. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

I heard that San Francisco had the lowest temperature in 100 years last weekend -- there was snow in Sausalito. It's typical weather here -- fairly mild. The trees are leafing out and flowers are starting to bud. I have mostly succulents in pots on my patio -- I discovered plants that could take full sun in Texas can't do it in Phoenix -- they burn to a crisp.

Hope Roxi is adjusting to her new diet. My little toy poodle/long-haired chihuahua mix was fed Purina Puppy Chow her entire life -- she was never sick and lived about 16 years. She even got chocolate chips as a treat -- we'd never heard chocolate was bad for dogs. The kids would give her a couple chips, then sneak in a piece of dog food -- she's spit that out!!

I wrote one short story years ago -- right after we'd moved to Texas and I hated it at the time. My story was titled "Sand, Fleas and Ignorance -- The Tale of a Small Texas Town." The only person I let read it was my daughter -- she loved it!! After I settled in and grew to love living there, I shredded the story -- didn't want anyone to see how I'd felt.

Enjoy your day -- happy story-plotting!!

Linda O. Johnston said...

Yes, the year is definitely flying by! That was really sweet of your son, and how nice that the company recognized his honesty.

Still dealing with Roxie's diet issues. Some days are better than others. The idea of feeding any dog chocolate doesn't sound good to me, considering what I've heard.

How fun that you wrote a short story! Sorry that you don't have it any more, though.

And enjoy your day too.

Patty said...

I wouldn't give a dog so much as one tiny chocolate chip now but when we gave them to our dog -- and it was no more than half a dozen at a time and very rarely -- we'd never heard chocolate was bad for dogs. It was about 50 years ago!!

Just saw a news report about massive snow in southern California. Crazy. There was torrential rain here last night.

Enjoy your day.

Linda O. Johnston said...

The precipitation here has ended at least for a while. But the view of the snow-covered mountains from our back windows has been magnificent, and there's still snow on them!