Wednesday, February 21, 2024

And More February

             Hi, all. It shouldn’t surprise me that this year is marching forward so fast. They all do. But we’re more than half way through February now. And I’ve been keeping busy—again, no surprise. 

            My writing? Well, I’ve sent my current manuscript to my beta reader to critique, as I said I would last week. And I’m delighted that my Harlequin editor has said she’d be glad to look at more ideas for my Shelter of Secrets series for Harlequin Romantic Suspense! I’ve got some ideas in mind, as well as other HRS possibilities that I’m working on. And mystery ideas too. And more… Yes, writing and I remain friends. 

            This evening is the meeting of the local Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club. I don’t show my dogs, but I definitely love the breed and am looking forward to getting together with other Cavalier owners. It’s a dinner event in a location our pups aren’t welcome, so I don’t get to see anyone else’s Cavaliers, but the club does occasionally have fun days when our pups get to play with one another. My Cari and Roxie didn’t seem too excited about the last one, though. 

            But of course we do play with them. A lot. And they play with each other too. Always having fun—when they’re not napping.

3 comments:

Patty said...

Good morning -- Sounds like you're busy doing what you love to do -- that's the way it should be!!

Hope all the rain isn't causing you any problems. My daughter has a friend in Camarillo who has a shelter for older, unwanted dogs and cats -- she took about 20 animals home with her because she was afraid she wouldn't be able to get from her house to the shelter if it flooded. The weather here is beautiful -- mid-70s, lovely blue sky. My son and I are going to the nursery this morning to look at plants. I got rid of the snake plants that didn't do well over the winter and need to find an alternate for them, plus I've moved planters around to make room for a few more. My patio is small but I like as many pots as possible, all tastefully arranged, of course!!

I'm working on an afghan with a yarn color called Baja Blue -- it's very lavender but pretty. My stash is slowly depleting -- down about a dozen skeins but I still have a lot.

Enjoy your day --

Linda O. Johnston said...

Good morning, Patty. The rain isn't causing too many problems, although the repairs my husband has done to our house hasn't stopped all water from coming in, but it's definitely improved.
That's so sweet of your daughter's friend. I hope she and all the animals have been doing well.
Hope you figure out the best plants for the upcoming season.
I'm trying to picture Baja Blue. It sounds lovely! Have fun with your needlework.

Betty Hechtman said...

You always have a lot of irons in the fire. It's nice to have written, but the excitement its always about the next project.