Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Retrospective And Looking Forward

             Oh, yes, I had a fun time at the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books last Sunday. I saw friends and met strangers who write and read at the Sisters in Crime LA and the Mystery Writers LA booths. And the panel I mentioned last week, Turf Wars: When Cities Rewild, was wonderful! I enjoyed all the speakers and will most likely get around to buying books that most of them talked about, although I had to leave before they did their signings.   

            I also visited the Huntington Botanical Gardens on Saturday with friends. I think I’d seen the library before but not all the wonderful gardens, with the plants divided by themes and locations, including California, Japan, Australia and the desert. I’m not a plant expert at all, but it was delightful to see what was there. 

            And big surprise—I’ve been plotting some more! Not sure which I’ll settle down and write next, mystery or romantic suspense, but my ideas are plentiful and fun. It feels strange to be doing more plotting than writing right now, but I’m looking forward to more soon!

5 comments:

Patty said...

Good morning -- Sounds like you've been having a really good time -- that's great!!

We used to go to the Dallas Botanical Gardens -- absolutely gorgeous. They, too, had theme areas and changed plants with the seasons. Spring with the azaleas, daffodils and tulips was magical. We also went to the city of Tyler for their yearly Azalea and Dogwood Festival -- private gardens were open for viewing. Tyler roses are world-famous -- they have a huge public rose garden.

It's starting to warm up here -- good time to stay in with the a/c on and crochet. I do the outside work that needs doing first thing in the morning, then enjoy the comfort of my recliner!!

Enjoy your plotting and planning.

Linda O. Johnston said...

I tend to be much more into animals than plants, Patty, but my visit to the Huntington certainly inspired me to see more gardens. The ones you describe sound great.

We're still overcast and slightly cool here, though no more rain. I know hot days are coming soon.

Enjoy your outdoor work, then your recliner!

Betty Hechtman said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the Festival of Books. I love the huntington Gardens. They have special evenings in the summer when they stay open later. It's really special to be there as it's getting dark.

It's nice to have time to spend on plotting before you start writing. Enjoy!

Linda O. Johnston said...

I'll have to try the Huntington later sometime.

And yes, I'm having fun plotting!

chkntza said...

I'm sorry I missed you at the book fair. I attended three panels and I didn't have much time to walk around and look at the exhibits. I spend some of my time looking for buildings and entrances. All the panels I attended were excellent. It was a great day. I'm glad you enjoyed it too.