Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Still Waiting and Working

 

            Not much new from last week. I’m still enjoying that my first Alaska Untamed mystery, Bear Witness, is now available as a paperback book published by Worldwide Mysteries, an imprint of Harlequin and is still available as a hardback from Crooked Lane Books.

 And, yes, my next book, Canine Protection, will be released soon. It’s the fourth in my Shelter of Secrets series for Harlequin Romantic Suspense, and it’ll be published in September. 

            I’m still waiting, and hoping, to learn whether my next series idea will be accepted by HRS. I’ve sent blurbs for what could become the first three stories. 

            I’m also working on that idea I’ve had forever and continuing to research and plot it. Fun, but I’m not sure yet how I’m going to write it. But I’m going to keep after it! 

            Meanwhile, I’m still enjoying that my Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mysteries are available as audio books and I keep receiving reminders from the audio publisher, Tantor, about each of them! 

            I did attend a barbecue lunch and book swap with the local Mystery Writers of America chapter last weekend. It was fun catching up with some people I hadn’t seen for a while, plus I brought some of my own books and picked up some others that I’ll be interested in reading. 

            And as always, I get inspiration from my pups Cari and Roxie as they hang around me while I work, and Roxie in particular squeaks her toys in demand that I play with her. I need to add that into a story. She wants me to!

4 comments:

Patty said...

Good morning -- Sounds like you are keeping very busy -- that's good.

A barbecue lunch sounds delicious -- I love a good bbq. My husband and I traveled a lot throughout Texas and many times, when coming to a small town, the wonderful aroma of bbq was in the air. We ate at some of the funkiest little places -- so much fun.

I continue to crochet a lot -- not much else to do when the temps are 110+. I've already watered patio plants and hosed all the bird droppings off the patio chairs -- love the big tree for shade but don't love the birds that sit in it and make a terrible mess.

Enjoy your day and pay attention to what Roxie wants!!

Linda O. Johnston said...

I do enjoy staying busy, Patty. And I enjoyed both the BBQ and the people I aw there.

Wow, you certainly are experiencing some heat--more than here in LA. Watering plants sounds necessary.

Have fun crocheting--and I'll definitely pay attention to Roxie!

Sally Morrison said...

Is it super hot in your area? Florida is broiling with little rain. My cat doesn't even want to be on the lanai all the time like usual. Glad you're able to keep up with your writing. It's a noble profession.

Cheers!

Linda O. Johnston said...

It's definitely hot here--and I'm most aware of it when the dogs say they want to go out, Sally. The AC helps a lot. Staying inside writing works well!