Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Moving Right Along

  

            The edits I was working on last week are completed, and I sent them along to my editor. Fortunately, all went well and she received them as I’d hoped. All’s still not perfect, but at least those edits are done, at least for now.
 
            So right now, in addition to playing with my pups, I’m doing some research for the idea I’ve been working on, though I’m still not sure where I’ll go with it. Or if I’ll go anywhere with it. But at least the research and plotting have been enjoyable so far. And of course it involves dogs, and most likely other animals too.

            It’s hot here in LA in the afternoons, but I know a lot of other places are worse. Plus, some of the tornado-like winds affected family in the Midwest. Maybe I need to figure out how to control the weather, then let my protagonists handle it in a new story!
 
            Hope you’re all doing well, no matter what your weather.


4 comments:

Patty said...

Good morning -- I thought about you and your Indiana family when I saw what was going on there -- hope all is well with them. It continues to be very hot here but that's to be expected in Phoenix. I just do any outdoor chores first thing in the morning, then stay in with my crocheting the rest of the day.

Good luck with your story idea -- enjoy your day.

Linda O. Johnston said...

Thanks, Patty. We've spoken with our Indiana family and seen pictures they posted on FB. Definitely effects on the trees and other surroundings but fortunately nothing too bad on their property.

Stay as cool as you can, and enjoy your day too!

Sally Morrison said...

I wish someone would be able to control the weather. This is the hottest summer I've experienced in Central Florida in the six years I've lived here. All of the craft stores have their fall decorations up. I think they do it because it reminds people that it will eventually get cooler. And they might feel better if they buy a pumpkin in July.

I'm thankful to have good AC. Have a great weekend!

Betty Hechtman said...

I was hearing about the tornado warnings in my Chicago neighborhood as they were happening thanks to a group I belong to on Facebook. It sounded really scary. The weather did go to Indiana afterwards and probably where my land is. It's a forest now with the cottage long gone. The only thing left is the outhouse. I hope your son's area was okay. My parents got married in Crown Point.

Good luck on your plotting!