Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Writing Right Along

         Things still aren’t certain, but they seem to be getting there so I’ve started writing the first book in my proposed new miniseries for Harlequin Romantic Suspense. I’m really enjoying it so far and think it will be even more enjoyable to continue! And of course dogs have appeared in it already. 

Oh, and another fun thing. I just received copies of another print Harlequin Romantic Suspense book that has two stories in it, my upcoming CANINE PROTECTION, as well as Tara Taylor Quinn’s book BABY IN JEOPARDY, which is also noted as her 125th book! 

Probably don’t need to mention it, but it’s still hot here in LA in the afternoons. But morning dog walks remain just fine, and we can shut the AC off in the evening and just open the windows. 

Last week, I said that I hoped you enjoy your last week of July. Today I can say I hope you enjoy your last day of July this year!

5 comments:

Patty said...

Good morning -- Sounds like writing is going well for you -- that's good to hear.

It remains hot here and will at least through September. A/c goes on first thing in the morning and stays on until bedtime. A floor fan is fine for overnight.

I'm doing a lot of crocheting -- a good occupation with refrigerated air swirling around. My yarn stash is diminishing, thought I still have a very adequate supply. I've found a couple new patterns to try -- always fun. I have 8 or 10 I use over and over -- different color combinations are fun to try.

Are you watching the Olympics? The gymnastics are incredible. I could never do a decent somersault -- how they can fling their body through space is beyond me.

Enjoy your day, your writing and your dogs.

Linda O. Johnston said...

Yes, my writing is proceeding forward. Thanks, Patty!

And crochet away! It sounds as if you're doing a lot and enjoying it. And hopefully you'll be able to find more of the yarn you want if you need it.

I'm watching parts of the Olympics, and remain amazed what the athletes can do with their lithe bodies.

Enjoy your day and your crocheting!

Sally Morrison said...

I'm looking forward to the day when I can shut off the AC and open some windows. Do you have seasons when writing comes easier? I love to read all seasons but I wonder about the writing. Happy weekend to you!

Linda O. Johnston said...

Not sure what seasons work best, Sally. I just keep on writing! Hope you had a good weekend.

Linda O. Johnston said...
This comment has been removed by the author.