It is the last hurrah before everything changes next week when Jakey goes back to school. I am looking forward to more structured days. I think he is too.
I'm starting the week off with a Zoom appearance on the FB group Cozies, Conversations and More. Just in time I'll have the cover of DANGER LOOMS to show off and announce it's on pre-sale. Doing thing on Zoom is great. No travel. There is just dealing with computer stuff to make sure it works. It's funny how easy its gotten to talk to a screen.
Looking back, the summer (at least measured by Jakey's vacation ) seems to have gone by fast. It's not terribly hot, but there is more humidity than usual which makes it uncomfortable. I am glad to see the Halloween stuff taking over the Costco aisles as it's a reminder that this soupy weather won't last forever.
It's also a reminder that I have to start on the next Crochet and Crumpet book which takes place around Halloween. I'll keep working on Molly's next adventure until the end of the month and then put it aside for awhile.
Meanwhile, I have to say the relaxing crochet I'm going to put in the book is working for me. I don't even mind having to unravel when I find a mistake since it is all about the relaxing quality of the crochet.

10 comments:
Hurray -- "Danger Looms" will soon be available for pre-ordering -- I'm looking forward to it.
This summer has gone by very quickly -- school starts on Monday for my grandson. Eons ago, when I was in school, it started the day after Labor Day and ended the first week in June.
It's been the typical hot summer here -- been up to 118 -- even with low humidity, that's miserably hot. This is monsoon season but so far, not much rain. There's been a lot of blowing dust -- I hose off my patio plants each morning and mud rolls off.
I'm working on a cross stitch pattern blanket using a beautiful aqua ombre yarn. I recently came across another ripple pattern that looks interesting -- the peaks and valleys are made without the usual crocheting stitches together -- looks good and is a one-row repeat that is easy to memorize. Most of the yarn I've ordered in the last few months is multi-colored or shades of one color -- works up beautifully.
My grandson texted me last night and wanted to know if I'd like to get a last-day-of-vacation hamburger lunch today -- so that's the plan.
Enjoy your relaxing crocheting, and ripping out as needed!!
Patty, Your school year was like mine. Things have changed. 118! That's hot even if it's dry. It seems like everybody, everywhere is looking forward to fall.
How nice to have a lunch date with your grandson. Lots of stress here so the relaxing crochet has really been needed. Enjoy your burger!
During all my years as a student, and then 30 years working at school, we were always on the Sept. to June schedule. It just doesn't seem like the kids get a real summer break now.
I am starting a new treatment on my knees, since the cortisone seems to have lost it's effect. I hope to get out of this wheelchair eventually. It is so hard to reach things, even with my pinchy winchy stick.
I thought Molly was up next--did she miss a turn? Can't have that !! Enjoy a little break, before the guys are decorating your yard for Halloween again !
Linda Osborn, It does seem like summer gets cut off, but I'm relieved Jakey is going back to school. I hope the treatment on your knees works and you get out of the wheel chair.
I was hoping to get the Molly book finished before I started the Crochet and Crumpet book, but the new series has a firmer deadline, so I have to start working on it. They are already planning for Halloween. Jakey wants a space alien theme.
Looking forward to your new book. And yes, the summer has whipped by. We are welcoming home our grandson who has been serving a two-year mission in Ghana. So this weekend most of the family is here. Lots of fun! Good company, good food, just a great time. Happy weekend to all.
Sally, How nice to have your family all there. I can imagine you were all glad to see your grandson after two years away. Happy Weekend!
I don't know the problem with your knees but are you a candidate for knee replacement surgery? My husband's knees were worn to bone on bone and he was in a lot of pain. He had both knees replaced and it made a world of difference.
When I started teaching we started after Labor Day then somewhere along the line we started in August. When I was at a year round school I often worked during summer and got fall off. I liked that because I could be in my air conditioned classroom all day during summer. When we switched to starting in August they gave us three weeks off for winter break and the teachers loved that.
Miriam, It must have been nice having the fall off. Three weeks off in the winter must have been a welcome break. It's just another new normal to start school in August.
You sound busy in enjoyable ways, as you often do, Betty. Yep, the school year is starting soon. Enjoy the extra time while Jakey is busy!
Post a Comment