After a mostly moderate summer, the weather has gone to hell. Really hotter than hell. Having temperatures around 100 is not that strange. It's the humidity that is unusual and means that's it doesn't cool off much at night.
There is something else that is making things extra difficult. Whenever it gets really hot, tons of ants come inside. The humidity seems to have made them even more fierce. Bad enough that they swarm any crumbs they find, but I keep find them walking on my arms. I see them and I feel them as the little buggars bite and it stings. Luckily, from what I read, these ants don't deposit anything when they clamp their jaws on me.
It's war with keeping them at bay. I have a bottle of water mixed with peppermint castile soap at the ready to spray them. I'm not sure if they drown or the peppermint gets them, but it's pretty effective for the moment anyway. And hand to hand combat when I find one walking up my arm.
I even found them wandering in the top of my coffee pot.
Thankfully, they don't seem to have wandered into the room where my computer is. I am doing what I an to finish the draft of the Molly book before I set it aside. The last thing I need are little ant bites as I'm trying to write.
No comments:
Post a Comment