Friday, September 11, 2026

Fixing Woes

 Remember when when installing something meant plugging it in?  When something didn't work, it was clear what the problem was and you either replaced it or got it serviced.  You didn't have to figure out what was wrong with it or fix it.

No more.  I was using an old Macbook Air for some exercise classes I bought and then for a monthly subscription for daily classes.  I decided to end the subscription and suddenly I couldn't sign in to the website and get access to my library of classes.

I sent an email to the company and got back a suggestion to sign in using the whole web address.  It made no difference.  It seemed so odd that it had been fine while the subscription was still in force and now nothing.

Finally, I tried the app on my phone and it worked.  I also tried signing in on a newer Macbook Air and it also worked and I was able to access my library.  So for whatever reason, the old Macbook Air would not work for that website anymore. 

Last week, comments on the blog wouldn't publish.  And despite checking  the help tab and looking online, there were no answers how to fix it.  All I could do was wait and hope it righted itself.  About a day later, it did. 

Luckily, there are a few things that are still old school and don't require being a technology wizard.  My washing machine got out of balance and was suddenly wobbly.  My son was sure you had to adjust the legs from the bottom.  Good luck with that since there isn't even access to the back legs unless you can pull the washing machine out from it's alcove.  My son shook his head when I told him the way I had fixed other washers we'd had with the same problem and even Youtube vidoes backed up.  You have to fuss with the washer, pushing it off the legs and they adjust on their own.  It took me a number of times pushing the front, then the back and then the corners, but the washer is now stable.  

 

No comments: