Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Odd Time For Posting...Again!

 But it’s for a different reason this time. My internet has been out of service!

I purposely intended to write my Killer Hobbies post later than I usually do, yesterday evening. That would be after I returned from a movie that afternoon.

My husband and I often go to see movies on Tuesday afternoons because of a discount we get.

And yesterday, I really wanted to go see Heart of the Beast, the new movie starring Brad Pitt. And oh, yes, it also stars Odie, also named Odin, a German shepherd. Well, as it turned out, there are several German shepherds in the cast playing Odie.

I wanted to write about it here since my primary topic on Killer Hobbies is animals, especially dogs. And I’m sure those who read any of my stuff here or elsewhere know how much I love, especially, dogs.

Anyway, I’d seen the previews for Heart of the Beast and figured it would be interesting, and a good movie to watch—which it was. It was full of excitement and adventure, and pretty much only had Brad Pitt and Odie in the cast, with a couple of other people showing up briefly at different points.

And I’d gotten the impression, seeing the previews and reading about it online, that it was potentially highly emotional.

Which it was.

I don’t want to say too much about it here, since I’d encourage people reading this to go see it if they like adventurous movies, emotional ones—and seeing a highly smart dog. Maybe it’ll inspire me to write a new story or series of my own, different, of course.

Anyway, as I write this, I hear my husband still trying to get us online, so hopefully this will be posted early enough to be seen here Wednesday morning.

No comments: