Happy October. Just as it's fall and the days are visibly shorter, the weather heats up here. When I looked at the forecast, there were a lot of days with 100 as the high. We're still getting more than usual humidity due to a couple of hurricanes. They are also pushing something called Kelvin wave toward California shores which appears to be a bad thing and could raise sea levels.
It's a good time for escaping into something. This week, my escape of choice has been watching Marble Hall Murders on PBS. Rather than watching one episode a week on broadcast TV, I am watching one a day on PBS streaming. I can't imagine holding all the story threads together if I was watching it with a week between episodes. It is a story within a story and the actors in one story line show up in the other one as different characters. It took me a while to get it all straight. It is based on a book and the screenplay was written by the book's author Anthony Horowitz I can only imagine how confusing the character in both the story and the story with in it must be in the book without being able to see them.
At the same time I'm reading A Family Affair by Robyn Carr and carrying all the characters and their stories in my mind. I watched a couple of series based on her books last year and they were good diversions, so I thought I would try one of her books. So far, it's entertaining.
What do I need all these diversions from? Just when I thought I had completed the form for the AI company settlement, I got another email from them. It basically said I have to look at the form I filled out again to make sure there isn't a disagreement between me and the publisher about the split of the money. If it was like the last time I dealt with one of their forms, it won't be clear.
I just got through with trying to pay a bill online and being told that my user name or password was incorrect even though they were both correct. I won't go into the run around I went through and then found out there was no balance. At least that was good news.
Meanwhile days are clicking by to when the next Crochet and Crumpet book is due. Trying harder doesn't work for writing with me. I need to relax and let the story tumble out.
It seems like a good time to go to Malibu and look out at the ocean. Except, then I'd have to worry about that Kelvin wave coming to get me.
7 comments:
I am watching Marble Hall weekly. It is SO confusing. I watch the episodes on PBS on Sunday night. Then I re-watch the episode on Tuesdays on Passport. I did rewatch episodes one and two together the second week. It is a commitment to watch Marble Hall, but now I am so vested I can't stop.
Good morning -- I think I'll skip Marble Hall -- sounds like a confusing mess. I did look at the book you're reading and that sounds good. The author also wrote a book called "Sunrise at Half Moon Bay," and since I graduated from high school there, sounds like one I'd enjoy. The description says it is set in the stunning little town of Half Moon Bay -- stunning isn't a word I'd use to describe the town when I was there. It was very small -- had a grocery store and not many other stores. It is known as the Pumpkin Capitol of the World. I'm sure it's grown over the years -- I haven't been there in ages.
I'm doing my usual crocheting -- finished an iris stitch blanket and almost done with a ripple. They are such great patterns to use -- one row repeats that work up beautifully. I used an ombre yarn in a color called Spearmint for the iris stitch; am using a bitty stripes in Rainbow Mist for the ripple.
I hope all your forms get filled out properly and Kelvin doesn't get you. Enjoy your day.
I received that new email too about the AI theft of our works and haven't yet attempted to figure out the latest issues, Betty. And it sounds as if you're keeping yourself entertained by a variety of TV mysteries. Maybe I should try those too!
Miss Merry, I watched some of the episodes twice too. It is a lot to take in with all the story lines. I finished watching the series last night. Great ending!
Patty, The Robyn Carr books are a lot easier to follow than Marble Hall. I've been to Half Moon Bay once and I remember it as being very stark.
LInda Johnston, There is so much that is confusing about that email. If you sign into your claim, it will look the same as before. They don't update the information with whatever changes you made. I couldn't tell what was different, but just did the whole thing again. They say they will use the most recent claim form. This time I printed out the updated form.. Good luck!
It's hard to believe this AI mess could attempt to steal work from established authors! SO many short stories appear on Face book everyday, but almost every one has gone through AI. You get part one , pretty good, so you look for part 2. After lots of messing around and wrong turns, you may find that---but then there are all the little cutsie commands, like "type please" then look in comments, then go to relevant comments. Then you get some note saying it is not a valid website and part 3 is not shown. There is also a strange tendency for characters to become male or female , and change their names mid story. Please keep writing good books !!
Post a Comment