Thursday, August 30, 2018

Baking Break

I had thought that once my children were out of school, I'd be done with bakes sales. Yet, today I found myself spending most of my day in the kitchen whipping up some treats for a bake sale my oldest child is hosting for an Alzheimer's fundraiser. I usually only do "major" baking (more than one item) during the holiday season and found it wasn't quite as easy to make three different items. Maybe it was because I was doing a cookie, a muffin, and bread rather than just all cookies. I was running all over the kitchen trying to find the ingredients and getting lost in the process.

The main issue was that I decided to "just start baking" and didn't establish any game plan...like start with the longest to bake and while it was cooking preparing the batter for the next item. And, I was getting every ingredient one at a time rather than gathering them all in the beginning. It would have saved me a lot of time to do my "shopping" first for all the recipes and separating rather than hunting as I was preparing the batters.

Even though it took me longer than it should to bake all the goodies, everything came out looking and tasting fabulous. (can't send out items without tasting)




No comments: