Friday, March 1, 2019

Turning Stash to Treasure


When I wrote HOOKED ON MURDER I didn't know what a stash was let alone have one.  To those not in the know stash refers to a supply of yarn.  By the time I wrote HOOKS CAN BE DECEIVING I had an overwhelming stash of yarn.  It had taken a long time to realize that it took a lot less time to buy yarn than to make something out of it.  And it was dangerous to walk across the room the yarn had taken over.  So many things to catch my foot on.

I began going through the yarn I had and following the idea of the Marie Kondo method started to give away the yarn that didn't bring me joy.  I brought bags to my knit and crochet group and gave some charity.  I also looked for ways to use up the yarn  kept.   I knitted wash clothes, started cowls I could work on in the car (when I was a passenger, of course).  But the project that I like making the best are granny square afghans.  For me it is all about mixing the colors and textures.  I like to separate the colors with black yarn which it turns out I have a really lot of.

I included the actual pattern for them colorful blankets in ON THE HOOK.  As I was looking at the

ones I've finished, I noticed  they reminded me of the seasons.

Winter


Spring


Summer


Fall

They are easy and relaxing to make and best of all are turning my stash into something useful.

2 comments:

Marie said...

I love your projects and I love your novels.

chkntza said...

Your afghans are beautiful!