Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Busy Non-Writing Day


Yesterday was a crazy day, and I didn't get any writing in.


First, I went to a regular exercise session I attend on most Tuesdays.  Fun.


Then... My husband and I went out and bought a new car.  I hadn't expected that!  Oh, yes, we'd been talking about it and looking... but we wound up buying a new one on the spot.  It has a lot of features I was hoping for, and a whole lot of things I'll need to learn, but I think I'm going to enjoy it. But that took up most of the day.


When we got home, I noticed a box on the front doorstep to our porch.  It contained copies of my new November release, the first of my Colton continuity books for Harlequin Romantic Suspense, Colton 911: Caught in the Crossfire.  I was surprised to see it there, both because it was early... and because we've had a lot of packages stolen recently on our street.  But I was delighted to see it was there and to scoop the heavy box inside and open it to see the samples of my upcoming book.


I was able to get onto my computer after that but it was fairly late so... writing?  Editing?  I'm hoping to get something done today... although I do have a luncheon to attend. I need more time!


No comments: