Friday, September 20, 2019

Crazy Salad of Life

I did it. I finished writing MIXED KNOTS and sent it off. It always seems to end the same way.  Me glued to my seat doing a marathon session at the end. At least, this time it ended at the reasonable hour of nine o'clock instead in the wee hours of the morning of the next day.

I felt numb when I finally hit send on my computer.  It took a day or so for it to sink in that I'd managed to finish it. 

But it's not gone for long.  I already heard back that I'll get the copy edit in a week or so. 

I thought I'd suddenly have all this time to catch up on everything I let go.  Ha!  First of all, aside fro what I let go, there is so much else to do.  I have the fist book in my new series to start work on.  I have the first three chapters and the synopsis.  I know the characters pretty well, even though they're new.  And then there is the proposal I was working on.

I looked over what I had and was horrified to realize how bad it was.  At least, I could recognize all the issues, but still I was not happy.  But I already started over  on it and I think I have hooked into the voice.  I know all the characters already and can't wait to introduce them.

And then there's life.  I haven't been to my gym class in what seems like forever -- probably a month.  There is all the business stuff.  Funny how the older I get, the more I'm working.  My life is a crazy salad of different sorts of stuff.  I wouldn't have it any other way.

And now it is off to Disneyland to see if Star Wars land looks any more promising the second time around. 

2 comments:

LInda Osborn said...

Casey is under control, two new plans underway,...let's not forget Molly ! You are getting overloaded. Take it easy there, be grandma as much as you can !

Linda O. Johnston said...

Congrats on finishing your manuscript--and starting a new series! Say hi to your new characters for me.