Friday, October 4, 2019

Knot on Your Life

The next Yarn Retreat Mystery is one step closer to coming out.  The title is now Knot on Your Life and I just got the copy edit.  I started to go through it and most of the changes are minor things.  I was glad to get the feed back from my editor since he was the first person other than me to read it.

When I got to the end I realized I had a whole lot of things going on that I had to tie up and I wasn't sure it all made sense and that I'd tied them all up.  But it seems I have. 

There is a lot going on.  Friendship, romance, murder, a Silicon Valley startup, food, a skeleton falling out of the local royalty's closet, a smuggled dog, Julius the cat  and of course, yarn.

Once the copy edit is done, I think there is one last proof read then it is out to readers.  We're working on the cover and cover copy right now.  I'm always excited to see what the art people come up with.  This time I offered a pretty detailed suggestion.

I have a lot of things going right now.  There is the first book in the new series to complete.  The exciting news is we already have an offer for the audio edition.  The book takes place in October in Chicago and I'm heading to Chicago to get inspiration.  Also October is my favorite month there.  The leaves are turning and the air is crisp, but not cold yet.  In the old days there were scents of burning leaves.  Now they get blown around with those noisy gas blowers.

I'm also working on something else.  It has been taking me forever to get the first page right.  Once I do that all else follows.  It's exciting because it is writing about a place in Indiana that I have loved my whole life.  And my character crochets toys which means I will be making them too. It's  one of those things I've been wanting to work on.

I have grandma duties and working support in our family business, too.  I am never bored.  In fact sometimes I wish I was just so time would seem to slow down. 

Life is exciting

No comments: