Friday, October 18, 2019

Knot on Your Life

A little late....

I posted about finishing the copy edit of KNOT ON YOUR LIFE feeling a little sad that it was my last touch with the manuscript. Wrong. I forgot that my last chance to change anything comes with the page when they’re formatted for the actual book.

I’d barely sent off the copy edit when the pages came back for that last look. This isn’t the time for big changes. It’s the chance to catch the wrong word or things like minor things that don’t make sense. I can’t write on the actual pages. Instead I send in a word document with the changes listed. It requires working in a different way. I read through it and when I find things I want to change, print up that page. When I’m done with the manuscript, I go through the pages I’ve printed and type in the way things are and then type in the way I want it to be.

And then it will be the end of my meddling with the manuscript. I’m awaiting to see what the cover will look like. I’m not sure of the release date, but it will be soon.

It’s hard to believe that a week ago I was in Chicago the day the weather changed and got chilly enough for the heat to come on. At the same time it was hot and windy in L.A. and a fire started that threatened parts of the San Fernando Valley. Now, a week later, the fire has moved away from all the homes and is on the way to being contained. There is no smoke or ashes, for now anyway. But the winds are supposed to return and with them the danger of fire.

Halloween fast approaches and then it’ll be Thanksgiving as the year whirls toward a close. And I have lots of words to write.

No comments: