Friday, April 3, 2020

Not All Bad

You would think that with the order to stay home that the days would go by slowly.  It’s quite the contrary, at least for me.  Time seems to melt and the days flip by like in a movie montage.

The reason we’re all staying home is terrible and I don’t want to dismiss that, but there have been positives.  The garage is getting cleaned out.  I have been cooking more.  The number of junk phone calls seems down.  The backyard has become my personal park and I’m thinking about planting a vegetable garden like I used to.

All the stuff that I have accumulated and didn’t listen to Marie Kondo and purge is now coming in handy.  The sewing machine that’s been sitting idle for years is going to start humming again.  I hope to start making masks.  Just thinking about sewing again gets me excited. 

It also feels like time has gone backwards.  People are taking evening strolls in the neighborhood.  Whatever stores or restaurants are open are closing earlier.  There is less traffic.  It is quieter.


On the downside with everyone home, I seem to get interrupted just when I get into the flow of writing.  It’s always something that’s needed right now.  But there is always tomorrow since I know where I’ll be.

 All the staying at home seems to be helping as I read that doctors are treating fewer people than expected, at least here in California. And with each day we are closer to this being over.   

2 comments:

Sally Morrison said...

Days seem to pass quickly for me too. I'm not sure I'm being productive but I'm doing something to pass the time. I miss seeing my family and feel sad about the graduations that won't happen for my two granddaughters that are seniors in high school. Life is going on despite what is happening. Praying for all those affected economically and of course physically. Cheers to you. Love your blog and really love your books. Thank you.

Betty Hechtman said...

Sally, I am glad you are enjoying the blog and my books. I just realized that the notification that a comment has been left on my blog are going to the wrong email, so I have been missing them.